Fried Green Tomatillos

Living life fully each day, with pictures, recipes, music and love.

Whim-say


Sun and Moon
Originally uploaded by Eva Funderburgh
In addition to two jobs, taking pictures and making endless dinners, I can't stop reading Real Simple and Design Sponge. Yes, I know how trendy DS has become and that Real Simple is done by Martha's team, but I love the Sneak Peeks and the bright ideas from both. It has me so unbelievably excited for the upcoming move to Portland that I can't wait to decorate my own apartment.

One wall: Just photographs, mine and others. I'm going to start working on Erin to let me print a piece or two of her work. I think it's lovely in it's simplicity. I want a wall in my home that holds just a slice of the magic this world has to offer.

Speaking of magic, I have stumbled upon Eva Funderburgh (also thanks to DS). She's a Seattle based sculptor and I think she's amazing. She creates lively little creatures out of clay, fires them, and I swear they're the type of things that would come alive at night and party in the living room. They are also beautiful in their simple earth-tones, but more importantly, they're fun. I envy that level of creativity. Hopefully I can save some money soon to buy a piece. I imagine any house I have will have an extraordinarily eclectic mix of art, but I hope it all breathes with life like Funderburgh's work. I find them inspiring to say the least. Maybe I'll even start doing ceramics again (not likely, I suck at it).

2 comments:

mariel said...

love the photo wall idea. :) i just went to a musician's house that had something similar, though just on one small wall of his bedroom.

he pasted photos together that had similar color tones or themes - they looked like art pieces. he also had attached some photos to twine and draped them across a corner of the room. looked very boho chic. :)

just checked out funderburgh on flickr. love this piece:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/genkigecko/3453563624/in/set-72157616991543550/

May 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Natasja said...

That corner idea is splendid. I love the wings piece too, it's one of the ones she has on sale that I want to buy. Happy little creature.

May 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment